The Arnold Bergstraesser Institute in Freiburg offers internships to students in the social sciences to give them the an opportunity to gain an in-depth insight into the work of the Institute.
It is possible to either do a 6 to 8 week fulltime model or a 10 week part-time model, according to the preference of the intern. The ABI offers internships all around the year.
Unfortunately, internships are not remunerated.
Interns support the institute's work mainly in the following fields:
- Research for publications and research projects,
- preparation of presentations and lectures,
- organization and conduction of conferences and workshops,
- Editorial work for the journal "Internationales Asienforum".
From the applicants, we choose those that match best regarding the following criteria:
- Enrolment as a student in a relevant subject (e.g. political science, sociology, ethnology), at least in 3rd semester by the time of applying,
- Knowledge and experience in development policy,
- Good to excellent Skills in English language,
- Immatriculation throughtout whole period of the internship.
- Period abroad in developing countries / field research
- Work / traineeship with other development organisations,
- further language skills in German as well as third languages (Spanish, French, etc.)
For application, please submit the following documents:
- 1-page cover letter stating your motivation to work at ABI
- CV with details of qualifications and skills,
- preferred dates for the internship and/or mentioning the criteria of mandatory internships,
- no further certificates or confirmations. We will get back to you in case we have questions regarding your CV.
Please do not send us any documents, evidence of qualifications or other certificates. Should we have any questions regarding your cv, you will hear from us.
- 15 July for an internship in the period September to March,
- 15 January for an internship in the period March to September.
Please send your application to Judith Altrogge: Sekretariat.abi [at] abi.uni-freiburg.de.
For further inquiry please contact Frau Altrogge (in the mornings, 0761/ 88878-14) und Dr. Martin Adelmann (-37).